Pedal Cars For Kids: The Ultimate Ride
Do your kids love going for rides in the car? Do they get excited every time you turn on the engine, buckle them up and take off down the street? If so, why not give them their ride to enjoy? Pedal cars for kids are the ultimate way to let your children have fun while getting some exercise at the same time!
What are pedal cars for kids and how do they work?
Pedal cars are a fun way for kids to get around just like regular cars — but instead of an engine powering them, pedals do. Kids’ pedal cars have been around for centuries and come in all shapes and sizes. Today, pedal cars are designed to look like all sorts of vehicles, from fire trucks to race cars and more. Kids’ pedal cars are usually made of metal or plastic, with four wheels powered by pedals. To make the car go, the child just has to pedal — it's that simple.
The benefits of owning a pedal car for your child
- Get your child active - A pedal car is great if you're looking for a way to get your child more active. Pedal cars are powered by child pedalling, so it's a great way to get them moving and burning some energy.
- Develop gross motor skills - Riding a pedal car also helps to develop gross motor skills. Gross motor refers to the large movements of the arms and legs, which are important for coordination, balance and strength.
- Explore the neighbourhood - A pedal car is also fun for your child to explore the neighbourhood. They can cruise around the park and easily remain in your view!
- Great for family bonding - Kids’ pedal cars are also great for family bonding. If you have more than one child, have them race each other or take turns pedalling while the other rides along. Or, if you want to get in on the fun, you can pedal alongside your child.
- Eco-friendly - Finally, pedal cars for kids are an eco-friendly option. They don't require any fuel other than the power of the child pedalling, so there are no emissions or pollution.
Choosing the best pedal car for your child
Pedal cars can even help teach kids the basics of operating a car. With so many different pedal cars available, how do you choose the best one?
Here are important factors to consider when choosing a pedal car for your child:
- Child's age — Pedal cars are designed for kids ages three and up. If you have a younger child, look for a plastic or battery-powered car.
- Size of your child — Kids’ pedal cars come in different sizes, so measure your child before making a purchase. You want them to be able to reach the pedals and have adequate sight over their steering wheel.
- Weight limit — Pedal cars have a weight limit, so check that the car can accommodate your child's weight. This is especially important if you have an older child or multiple kids sharing the car.
- Price — Kids’ pedal cars range greatly. Decide how much you want to spend before beginning your search.
With these things in mind, you can find the perfect pedal car for your child!
Some fun ideas for using your child's new pedal car
Pedal cars are easy to operate and can provide hours of fun. But how can you best use your child's new pedal car?
Kids’ pedal cars can be used to explore and help your child get some exercise. Your child can even race their friends if you live in a cul-de-sac or other safe area. Just be sure to supervise them and make sure they stay on the sidewalks.
You can also use the pedal car as transportation to and from activities like soccer practice or other training. Your child can pedal their car there with your guidance instead of having you drive them so that they can improve their motor skills as well.
You can also use the pedal car for teachable moments. If your child is struggling with a concept in school, you can use the pedal car to help them understand. For example, if they're learning about fractions, you can have them measure how far they can go in their pedal car in one-fourth of a mile. This will help them visualise the concept and make it more concrete.
There are endless possibilities for using your child's new pedal car. Just use your imagination and have fun!
Buy pedal cars online from RideOns
At RideOns, we have a range of pedal cars for kids that will thrill and excite your little one. Our selection includes motorised and non-motorised options, from push cars to electric ride-ons and remote-controlled ride-ons from some of the most popular brands in the world, including models from leading automotive manufacturers like Ford, Holden, Berg, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche and Audi.
Plus, all our cars come with free delivery anywhere in Australia, so you can shop confidently, knowing you're getting the best price possible. If you need to spread out your payments, no problem! We offer Afterpay and Laybuy on all our products.So what are you waiting for? Shop the best pedal cars online today at RideOns! Have questions? Contact us and our friendly staff will guide you through your purchase.